Sunday, April 17, 2016

THE BOOOOOB!!!

THE BLOB!!!! AAAAHHHH!!

BEWARE! It's Here!












Kind of like The Blob, but this one is The Boob. Let me explain:

So the strangles saga ended by November (for JJ, at least), at which point he popped a splint (we've been through this, yes?). Then while on stall rest for the popped splint he fell down and injured his other leg (sound familiar yet?).

So that brings us up to about mid- to late December. I started riding again at the end of December and into early January, but that was about it. Next thing I know, there's a giant boob on JJ's right flank. Wait, what? A boob?

That's really the best way I can describe it. A large, jiggly, fluid-filled sac on his flank. And it didn't go away. In fact, it got bigger (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!). So the vet's out. So the vet drains it. Blood. Repeat x10 (OK, maybe not that many times, but the vet did drain the stupid thing every week for like 6 weeks straight). FINALLY after some stall rest the fluid started showing up yellow instead of red. Sounds gross, but actually a good thing - this meant that the blood vessel that was wounded had finally healed.

OH, by the way, the more scientific term for JJ's boob is HEMATOMA (i.e. big ugly bruise). Don't know how, when, or why, be he managed to bruise himself while turned out alone in his paddock. Awesome.

So anyway, this stupid thing took weeks to heal and I was pretty bored, so it got to the point where I started drawing on it (OK, part of the reason for drawing on Boobalicious was to check its size over time). The result? BOOBASAURUS REX!!! RAAAR!



So the "body" of our lovely boobasaurus is the pool of fluid, while boobasaurus's neck and head constitute the part of JJ's skin that is separated from underlying tissue because of... Well actually, I don't know why it's separated. Because it's JJ, I guess that's why.

Once the fluid came out yellow I was allowed to start riding JJ again and so, as of mid-March, we are back to work. The boob is as big as ever and the vet will probably be coming back in the next week or so to drain it again, but as far as I understand I can expect booby-face to be there for a while.

So yea, that's all for now. More updates soon because I finally have things to write about!


No comments:

Post a Comment