Saturday, April 5, 2014

I GIVE UP!

It's true - I gave up!

I was so stuck in the mindset that I had to get JJ in a nice frame and fuss with his face to do so. I wasn't hard on his face at all but I was consistently asking him to bring his head down, so of course the poor thing was trying to escape the pressure. For JJ the only solution was to pick his head up, hollow out, and run.

I want you all to know that I blame all you readers for not slapping me in the face and reminding me that all horse problems are really rider problems. Come one guys, pay attention!

So anyway, on Thursday I gave up. I dropped the reins. Dropped them. Held the buckle. JJ trotted around like a happy little duck, and I actually had to apply more leg aid to keep him trotting. There was even a giant herd of deer in the field adjacent to the ring and he didn't mind one bit.


In other news, JJ's paddock has had a recent remodel - he is now surrounded by electric fencing and let me tell you, he HATES it! The electric went up on Thursday and JJ was absolutely convinced that suddenly EVERYTHING had become electric - the lead rope, the bridle, the lunge whip, all the fences... Everything. Poor thing. I think he's figuring it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment