Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ridin' JJ!

Two lunge sessions today, followed by... A RIDE!!! You could call it that, anyway. I'm certainly going to ;)

Really Sue just led me around for about 5 minutes, but it was awesome! Video below!






After the ride I let JJ loose in the ring. He started out that same as always - wandering around and munching snow and plant life. About 20 minutes later though JJ bounced into a springy trot for a few strides before bursting into a canter, building and building faster into a sloppy, unbalanced, falling-over gallop. Oh great, I thought, here's where JJ kills himself. He ran himself into the gate and flailed over snowbanks, dodged the jump standards at high speeds and nearly lost his footing countless times. I almost whipped out the camera to video, but I was too busy laughing at his antics. Another barn rat commented something about his potential to majestically leap over a jump, and my only response was "really, I don't think there's anything majestic about that horse!". Don't get me wrong - I'm really starting to feel some affection for this horse - he's just a bit dopey! He finally came to rest in another corner where he could stretch over the fence and reach more vegetation through the snow. I brought him back up to the barn, cleaned out the nicks he managed to inflict upon himself with his thrashing legs, and "tucked him in" in his own stall/playpen.

Anyway, more fun to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment